Configure Mitchell Communications
Complete this procedure to set up communications with Mitchell.
Start UltraMate for the First Time and Enter Company Data
- Click Start, Programs, Mitchell International, then click Mitchell Communications. The Mitchell Communications program window appears. (It may minimize to the taskbar.)
- Click the User Setup tab.
- Enter the Org ID, User ID, and Password provided. (Passwords are case sensitive.)
- Click Test Login to verify with the Mitchell server.
- Click OK at the confirmation message.
- Close the Mitchell Communications program window (minimize it to the system tray).
Configure the User ID and Password
- On the desktop, double-click the UltraMate icon. The UltraMate User Logon window appears. The User Id is Mitchell.
- In the Password field, type Mitchell, and click OK. UltraMate will open.
- Enter company data by accessing the System Info menu, then click Company Data.
- In the Company Code field, enter BS for U.S. customers or B9 for Canadian customers, unless otherwise assigned.
- Enter the company's name and address information.
- Enter the BAR ID, EPA Number, and Tax ID. (Enter the ID Numbers if the State requires that they appear on the estimate.)
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
- Click the System Info menu, point to Configuration, and click Configure User Information. The User Manager dialog box appears.
- Click New. The User Detail dialog box appears.
- Enter the User ID, and in the Authorization Group list, select Administrator.
- In the Classification list, select the appropriate option. For body shop installs, use the default None entry.
- Enter the Password. Re-enter in Verify Password.
- Click OK to save the changes and close the User Detail dialog box. The User Manager dialog box appears.
- Click Close to close the User Manager dialog box.
- On the File menu, click Log Off, then log back in with the newly created User ID and Password.
Retrieve MAPP Matrices
- Click the System Info menu, point to Configuration, Configure Communications, and click Configure Business ID. The Business ID dialog box appears.
- In the Business ID field, enter the shop’s Account Number, then click OK.
- Click the Utilities menu, point to Host Communications, and click Initiate Host Transactions. The Host Communications dialog box appears.
- Under Request Type, double-click Retrieve Matrices. The Request Matrix dialog box appears.
- Enter the Matrix ID. (for body shops this is typically the account number preceded by the letter B.) Click OK. The Host Communications dialog box appears.
- Click Call Host. A Communications progress indicator appears as UltraMate connects to the host and downloads the MAPP matrix. When the session ends, the progress indicator closes.
- If the View Log dialog box appears, click OK to close it. The Host Communications dialog box appears.
Create System Profiles
- Click Cancel to close the Host Communications dialog box.
Configuring System Profiles for MAPP Part Search and Selection
- Click the System Info menu, then click System Profiles.
- Click New. In the New Profile Name field, enter the Body Shop’s or Independent Adjuster’s business name, then click OK.
- Set up the profile tabs: Labor/Tax Rate, Calculations, Adjust./Long Exp., Tax Settings, Messages, Alternate Parts, & Valuation as needed.
- On the Labor/Tax Rate tab, be sure to modify the Profile Description to reflect the body shop or independent adjustor’s name.
- When complete, on the File menu, click Close. At the message to save the changes, click Yes.
- The profile window closes.
- Repeat this process for Insurance Company Profiles as needed.
- When complete, on the System Profiles dialog box, click Close.
Complete Additional Configuration
- Click the System Info menu, then click System Profiles. The Systems Profile dialog box appears.
- Highlight the Profile you want to change, then click Modify.
- Click the Alternate Parts tab, and select the Alternate Part Search check box.
- In the Alternate Parts list, click the parts type to search for. (Most shops want Remanufactured & CAPA Only.)
- Enter the Min Vehicle Mileage and the Min Vehicle Age, if required. (MAPP will only produce alternate part search results for vehicles that have higher mileage and are older than the minimums.)
- Select your Legislation State. (The state in which the vehicle is being repaired.)
- In the Matrix list, select the Matrix ID to be used for the alternate parts search.
- Select the Print Disclosure Statement check box per preference.
- Enter the percent value for the Minimum Savings Over OEM. (The savings over the CEG part must be at least this percentage. The default is 0.00%. Enter the percent as a positive number with two decimal places, such as 15.25.)
- In the Supplier Limits area, enter the dollar value for Minimum Savings for Additional Suppliers. (This is the dollar amount that must be saved in order for another supplier to be added to the estimate; the default is $0.00.)
- Enter the number of Maximum Suppliers. (The maximum number of alternate parts suppliers that can be used for one estimate; the default is 3.)
- In the Report Label and Footers area, select the Report Label and Footers option to print on the estimate reports. (The default is Certified.)
- Select Certified Report Identifier. (Leave the default as is.)
- Select Certified Label. (Leave the default as is.)
- Select Certified Footer. (Leave the default as is.)
- On the File menu, click Close, and then click Yes at the prompt to save the changes.
- Click the System Info menu, click Preferences. The Preferences dialog box appears.
- Click the Miscellaneous tab.
- In the Parts Dialog area, click Show Compare Dialog at Part Selection.
- The Part Compare dialog box will automatically appear when a part is selected. The Part Compare dialog box shows a comparison between the aftermarket part and the OEM part. UltraMate automatically selects the less expensive choice.
- Click OK to save your change and close the Preferences dialog box.