Start UltraMate for the First Time and Enter Company Data
Configure the User ID and Password
- On the desktop, double-click the UltraMate icon. The UltraMate User Logon window appears. The User Id is Mitchell.
- In the Password field, type Mitchell, and click OK. UltraMate will open.
- Enter company data by accessing the System Info menu, then click Company Data.
- In the Company Code field, enter BS for U.S. customers or B9 for Canadian customers, unless otherwise assigned.
- Enter the company's name and address information.
- Enter the BAR ID, EPA Number, and Tax ID. (Enter the ID Numbers if the State requires that they appear on the estimate.)
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
Create System Profiles
- Click the System Info menu, point to Configuration, and click Configure User Information. The User Manager dialog box appears.
- Click New. The User Detail dialog box appears.
- Enter the User ID, and in the Authorization Group list, select Administrator.
- In the Classification list, select the appropriate option. For body shop installs, use the default None entry.
- Enter the Password. Re-enter in Verify Password.
- Click OK to save the changes and close the User Detail dialog box. The User Manager dialog box appears.
- Click Close to close the User Manager dialog box.
- On the File menu, click Log Off, then log back in with the newly created User ID and Password.
Complete Additional Configuration
- Click the System Info menu, then click System Profiles.
- Click New. In the New Profile Name field, enter the Body Shop’s or Independent Adjuster’s business name, then click OK.
- Set up the profile tabs: Labor/Tax Rate, Calculations, Adjust./Long Exp., Tax Settings, Messages, Alternate Parts, & Valuation as needed.
- On the Labor/Tax Rate tab, be sure to modify the Profile Description to reflect the body shop or independent adjustor’s name.
- When complete, on the File menu, click Close. At the message to save the changes, click Yes.
- The profile window closes.
- Repeat this process for Insurance Company Profiles as needed.
- When complete, on the System Profiles dialog box, click Close.
- Click the System Info menu, click Preferences. The Preferences dialog box appears.
- In the Parts Dialog area, click Show Compare Dialog at Part Selection.
- Click the Miscellaneous tab.
- The Part Compare dialog box will automatically appear when a part is selected. The Part Compare dialog box shows a comparison between the aftermarket part and the OEM part. UltraMate automatically selects the less expensive choice.
- Click OK to save your change and close the Preferences dialog box.